SFRM Member-to-Member Communications Service
For the convenience and entertainment of our members, San Francisco
Regional Mensa operates an online M2M Communication Service utilizing Yahoo! groups.
This service includes discussion lists, email distribution, file libraries and other features.
(Formerly known as the SFRM Telegraph.)
There are four channels of the SFRM M2M service:
- This is the Announcements channel. It is for reminders or additional information on scheduled events, canceled events, personal ads, etc. Do not reply to the SFRM-News channel.
It is not for discussions of any topic - to discuss an SFRM-News item, please use the SFRM-Discussion channel instead.
- This is the Discussion channel. Guidelines on using the Discussion group:
- Open to all members of SFRM
- Lightly moderated
- No messages of an insulting or abusive tone; nor profanity. This list is open to minors.
- Moderators will investigate complaints about specific posters/messages.
- Open members of SFRM who are 18 or older.
- Used to distribute the Intelligencer electronically to members. Adobe Acrobat PDF is the format used.
- This moderated group is for SFRM Members interested in organizing, planning, executing,
organizing transportation or room sharing, or getting involved with group events.
Eligibility and use of the Member-to-Member groups:
- Members of SFRM are eligible to subscribe to one or more of the groups.
- Attachments to postings are not supported. Any files to be shared
by subscribers should be uploaded to the file area of SFRM-Discussion.
- Subscribe to SFRM-Discussion here; click on "Join This Group". Provide your name and membership number (found on the label of your Bulletin or Intelligencer) in the "Comment" box.
- Links to subscribe to the other channels are on that page.
- You will need to establish a Yahoo ID if you don't already have one. M2M emails will be sent to the email address you supply in your Yahoo ID. The email address need not be a Yahoo address.
- In case of difficulty, email the
Telegraph key photo courtesy
of The Telegraph Office.