Exploratorium – Friday afternoon, November 17
Estimated meeting time in Hilton lobby: 1:00 p.m.
Estimated meeting time at Exploratorium entrance: 1:30 p.m.
Spend Friday afternoon visiting the Exploratorium at Pier 15 on the Embarcadero in San Francisco! Step inside a tornado, turn upside down in a curved mirror, walk on a fog bridge, and explore more than 650 hands-on exhibits. You’ll find all of this plus a cafe and restaurant; two stores (one with an Art-O-Mat machine); and more at their beautiful bayside location.
Transportation: Details on optional transportation to and from the Exploratorium at Pier 15 from the Hilton Emeryville to follow. Registered attendees will be notified of transportation details and the exact meeting time in the coming weeks. Please bring cash the day of the tour to cover costs if you would like to take advantage of coordinated transportation. Otherwise, please meet the group at Exploratorium entrance at the specified meeting time.
Walking Food Tour of North Beach – Sunday afternoon, November 19
Estimated meeting time in Hilton lobby: 12:45 p.m.
Estimated meeting time at 585 Columbus Avenue: 1:45 p.m.
This walking food tour will take you into the heart of North Beach to explore this neighborhood’s food and history including Beat Generation hangouts. All food and drinks are included on your leisurely flat 7-8 block stroll around San Francisco’s Little Italy. You will not go away hungry with this food tour’s serving sizes!
Seasonal samples may include a selection from the following:
- Coffee drinks, teas, Italian sodas and more from a local coffee roaster and the chance to see how the coffee is roasted
- Focaccia sandwiches or homemade bruschetta from a local intuition since 1973
- Chocolate from one the top chocolatiers in the US and the chance to learn how it’s made.
- Cannoli from one of North Beach’s best bakeries which has been making cannoli since 1942
- Deli delights from a local deli that has making salami in San Francisco since 1896
- Real Italian pizza, with homemade mozzarella and the opportunity to watch as they make it in in their wood burning ovens.
Transportation: The tour will start at 585 Columbus at the corner of Union Street and Columbus Avenue for those meeting us at the starting point of the tour. Details on optional transportation to and from the North Beach from the Hilton Emeryville to follow. Registered attendees will be notified of transportation details and the exact meeting time in the coming weeks. Please bring cash the day of the tour to cover costs if you would like to take advantage of coordinated transportation. Otherwise, please meet the group at the specified meeting time and joining point.